Some of the details from the board meeting will have already been published but in summary these were the key issues discussed:
• Co-option of Ed Jones and Alan Povey as directors until the next AGM. Details of all the Director portfolios have already been published.
• Discussions still on going regarding future website arrangements when the FLi contract finishes in 2017.
• Strategic plan – Simon Olorenshaw has produced a template for developing a strategic plan. This will involve engaging with focus groups representing all areas of the club:
o CFU members
o Junior Blues
o Paid staff
o Inclusive Blues
o Coaching staff
o Exiles o Senior Blues
o Former Players Association
The aim will be to collect as much data as possible and draw it into a range of themes that will then inform the strategic plan. The board agreed it’s no good having a strategic plan if it isn’t supported by an action plan that will enable the strategy to be delivered. The board will monitor progress against the action plan. It is anticipated that from the start of the process to the production of the action plan will cover a period of about 20 weeks.
• The board had originally adopted a budget with a £40k deficit and anticipated commercial and event income had not been achieved so far to cover the deficit. Laurence Kirby has been undertaking a review of the budget position, this work is ongoing and it is expected that a clearer picture relating to the end of year position will be available at the next board meeting.
• Membership of the Operations Board was agreed as Brian Burns, Jim Keegan, Laurence Kirby and Simon Olorenshaw. They have met twice recently and discussed a wide range of issues including:
o finance, o player movements,
o arrangements for the end of season awards dinner,
o an audit to be undertaken by a company called Level Playing Field in respect of disabled access
o Ticketing arrangements for the Tranmere
• Youth Section – appointment of Calum McIntyre on a secondment basis for a period of six months initially when the position will be reviewed. This appointment has been made possible through Swettenhams Chemist who have been long time supporters of the youth team
• Consideration is still being given the establishment of a CFU forum based on the model currently run by FC United.
• The CFU board met with the board of the Community Trust in October 2015 and a further meeting will take place before the Southport game on 23rd January where discussions cam take place in relation to how both boards can work together for mutual benefit.
• The Former Players Association has chosen Ronnie Hughes and Milton Graham as the next two players to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, these nominations were supported by the board. Both players will be invited to the game v Southport.