On 1st August, the Super Seals Scratchcard was launched. This scheme aims to help the local community as well as Chester FC.
Grenville Millington, who brought the idea to the CFU Fundraising Working Group, announced the initiative at an Informal CFU Meeting held in the Blues Bar.
“In recent years,” he said, “fans of Chester FC have been very generous in donating large amounts to the club and I felt it was time that income was generated from other sources. Therefore we want the scratchcards to be sold across the wider community and not to our supporters.”
The cards will be distributed to local sports and social clubs for them to sell to their members. In return, they will earn a 30% commission for their club. The remaining 70% is divided between covering the costs of running the scheme and funding Chester FC. A couple of fans very kindly donated significant amounts which went towards printing the initial batch of cards.
The cards are sold for £1 with a £500 maximum prize available. Players can also win complimentary tickets to Chester FC home fixtures, Match Day programmes and meals in the Gary Talbot Lounge (all these are subject to availability). Hopefully, the winners of these prizes will enjoy the experience and return to the stadium in future.
The Fundraising Working Group are looking for agents to sell the scratchcards so, if you are involved in a sports or social club, please email Grenville Millington via firstname.lastname@example.org We would also like to see them sold in pubs.
For more information please see the Super Seals Scratchcards web page.