Tag: cfu membership
City Fans United recognise that we are in unprecedented times with the Coronavirus situation, and we urge everyone to stay safe and follow the advice presented to everyone to help get us through this uncertain and worrying time, for all of our families and friends.
For Chester FC, we are currently in territory not witnessed before as a football club, but are looking to meet this challenge head on, whilst we await news from the National League and Football Association, to try and establish a way forward for all clubs at Steps 1 and 2 in the football pyramid.
We know that nothing is guaranteed in our circles, but one thing that has always shone through is the support from our members and Chester fans in the UK, and indeed around the world,
We have a financial challenge that sees the club needing to raise a significant amount of money to guide us through the next few months, whilst we await news from the National League as to if and how they will support us.
So, how can the members of City Fans United and Chester FC help?
Well, this weekend, we would like to ask that all current members renew their City Fans United membership (if not done so already) and also consider at the same time setting up a Direct Debit to help us with our fighting fund going forward. So, this would mean a minimum £12 payment for annual membership, and a Direct Debit set up for a minimum of £2 per month – you can select the amount you wish to donate – please see the link below to set this up:
If you cannot stretch to both, then please either renew or join City Fans United for the first time via the link below, with a £12 payment – or instead, set up a Direct Debit for monthly payments for a minimum of £2 per month – whatever you can spare is truly appreciated by City Fans United.
Why set up a Direct Debit?
Well, that’s easy. It makes so much easier for future renewals as your membership will automatically renew in future years.
10 years ago, many members encouraged family members to help save football in the City of Chester, and now we need that monumental effort again – so please ask your family and friends to get involved again by becoming a member of City Fans United, and being a part owner of Chester FC!
We would like to thank each and every one of you for playing your part this weekend, in trying to fundraise for Chester FC!
Our City, Our Community, Our Club.
The next City Fans United members meeting is set to take place on Thursday 23rd May, in the Blues Bar at the Swansway Chester Stadium.
The meeting will start at 7.30pm with the bar open from 7pm on the evening and as it’s a members meeting only, we will be taking new membership sign ups on the night and you can also renew your membership on the night too.
Although to help us with renewals, please visit the following link where you can actually renew or sign up online prior to the meeting. You can also set up a monthly Direct Debit to help make our renewals process even more straight forward in the future.
At the meeting, we’ll be reviewing the results from the Big City Census recently sent out to members.
We’ll also be latest updates from the board and as usual you’ll be able to take part in a Q&A session during the meeting.
For those members unable to attend on the night, but who would like to view on a live stream being tested on this night for formal meetings, please email email@example.com – we will need all those wishing to watch the live stream to send their emails by Tuesday 21st May at the latest to then receive an invitation for the streaming service.
We look forward to seeing you on the night!
Following on from our recent Big City Census, we have received feedback from many members that you would like to make our Membership renewal process so much easier and efficient, via a direct debit scheme.
We are now in a position to offer this for 2019/20 renewals and would like to ask you directly if you would like to be included in the scheme.
Annual membership remains at just £12, but we would like to ask if you would consider making a monthly payment of £2 or more (you can choose any monthly payment you wish to make from £2 upwards), starting from June 2019. Many members already generously donate above the £12 amount and a monthly Direct Debit amount selected by yourself (minimum £2 per month) is a good alternative way of doing it.
If you would like to help us improve our renewals process by setting up a direct debit then please email firstname.lastname@example.org who can set this up for you very easily.
You can of course renew your CFU membership online via the link below or by contacting the club on 01244 371376 with a payment over the phone (please note only annual payments can be made over the phone).
Thank you for your continued support of City Fans United, and of course Chester FC.
Director of Fan Engagement & Membership
Today sees the launch of the Big City Census 2018-19!
Yes, it’s that time once again as we seek the views of the owners of Chester Football Club.
Please check your email inbox today for the link to complete this year’s survey.
This year we are focussing on the membership, matchday experience and overall progress of the board and working groups set up in 2018, to help drive the club forward.
It is also time to renew memberships very shortly and we are looking at a Direct Debit scheme for members to sign up to, which will make the process much more simplified, and your comments are welcomed in the Census.
If you have not received the Big City Census email by Wednesday 17th April then it’s possible we may not hold up to date details for you. If this is the case please email email@example.com quoting your membership number.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and helps us to improve the way the club is run and allows us to follow up suggestions and ideas made by each member that completes the survey.
We have set a 7 day window for the survey to be completed, and will close at midnight on Monday 22nd April.
For members who don’t have email, we hope to have a paper version available in the Chester FC ticket office by Thursday 18th April.
Thank you in advance for completing the Big City Census, and of course your continued support.
Director of Membership and Fan Engagement
Today we continue the update from CFU directors, the latest provided Jeff Banks, whose portfolio includes Membership & Fan Engagement.
It’s been a manic few months following the efforts of bringing realistic and attractive season ticket and matchday prices to the table, but the Fan Engagement Working Group have ploughed on looking at various aspects of the matchday experience as well as putting our thoughts in to making the CFU membership more attractive to members.
Below, is a list of part of what we’ve been focussing on during the last couple of months:
CFU membership new joins / renewals
- We recently hit the 2018 target and have since passed this too, which is great news. Effectively the number from 12 months ago has doubled.
- Draw for winner of £20.18 club shop voucher will take place this weekend!
- We are also going to be looking at further benefits of being a CFU member and also discussing the CFU membership joining fee based on comments and feedback made by members in the Big City Census 2018 and in general.
- Due to launch in January, a large retailer have offered a generous discount to CFU members, details to follow on this.
- Buy Clever Stuff have offered CFU members 5% off some ranges and also advised that they will make a further 5% donation to the Squadbuilder fund from purchases made direct from their website.
- We have 10 confirmed paid members. Packs for these have been this week. Our target for this scheme was an initial 10 members, which will hopefully increase to 20 in time. This has raised £10,000 (an obvious calculation there!)
- CFU membership had a forecasted budget of £20,000 to hit and we are on course to hit this figure.
- Extra benefits are being looked at on a continuing basis for life members.
Matchday Experience – Themes
- 10th November – Altrincham – Remembrance Weekend. Together with the Community Trust, the pre match routine included attendance from the Veterans and Mercian Regiment, and a impeccably observed period of silence to pay tribute.
- 1st December – Darlington – Retro Day. whilst we didn’t get a crowd of over 2000, which was disappointing, we still managed an increased attendance based on CFC fixtures played on this week in previous seasons. We also believe that there was definitely a feel good factor around the ground with the theme, along with some great sights of fans in their old Chester tops. Whilst financially it didn’t net the club any profit the fact that season ticket holders were able to take advantage of a £5 discount on purchases in the club shop helped produce great figures for the shop on Retro Day. We will keep the thought of having Retro Day 2 in our minds for next season’s planning. Half Time entertainment went down well too, and thanks to Buy Clever Stuff for their help and prizes donations.
- 22nd December – Telford – Christmas Theme, with Santa making an appearance of course!
- We are looking at themes for the rest of the season, and will release those in due course, but we are hoping to have involvement from former players, Junior Blues, as well as the Community Trust.
Half Time Entertainment
- This was introduced for the Altrincham match and as mentioned above the Darlington match, and believe that it went down well and will continue to try and provide an enjoyable experience to all watching.
Cestrian 10 (part) Season Ticket
- Launched Saturday 20th October together with social media marketing and promotional advertising via local press and also a radio advert dedicated to the Cestrian 10 on Dee 106.3 – thanks to Dee for this.
- We have had more uptake than last season. The initiative now includes Legends Lounge as well as around the ground tickets, and currently offers fans a choice of 10 games from a possible 12. The scheme will end after the Telford match.
- We are also putting plans together with the Community Trust for remaining unsold Cestrian 10 books.
Chester FC fans App
- Launched in pre-season, this is in full operation and continuing to work well – we are monitoring the output match by match at present, and all feedback is positive.
- We also have an additional person helping to respond to questions / promote the App.
- This was trialled in 2018 for an initial period, however take up was low and would not have been cost effective to continue given the running costs of the platform. FEWG are continuing to look at alternative options for future use.
- Continuing with the Community Trust. We will look to resume CFU membership applications in March at the Gazebo, although other initiatives may well be progressed via the Gazebo in between times.
- We have kept in dialogue with Dougherty & Allen to ensure that fans are getting the best experience possible in the Blues Bar and kiosks, following the negative feedback received after the first match of the season.
Fan Zone (for drinks)
- This is to be discussed further in January as we want to progress this to enable a Fan Zone to be set up to allow fans to enjoy the matchday experience further. Dialogue continues with the Safety team. An initial conversation has taken place around the possibility of this being introduced.
- We are continuing to promote the challenge for members to introduce one new member to CFU.
Various Fan Groups
- Chester Exiles – FEWG have worked with Bern & Jonno to get a personal message out to the Chester Exiles who potentially feel less involved with our fixtures this season given the geographical nature of this season’s fixture list. FEWG want to ensure that the Chester Exiles are made to feel as inclusive as the rest of the supporters.
- FEWG to liaise more with the Senior Blues in 2019, to ensure that their group is also getting the best matchday experience too.
- We are continuing to look at match posters – there are various online posters produced, which are shared across social media. Non online posters are a different kettle of fish, given the costs involved of advertising, although we have tried asking fans to help distribute but this received a low response rate. We are also looking in to the possibility of having an external sign outside the stadium advertising future matches (this in early stages at present).
Other Items being looked at/discussed:
- Bus service for matchdays
- Increasing the number of children at matches
- 2019 Fans Survey
- Season Tickets 2019/20 – for discussion later this season
So, as you can see lots going on with the Fan Engagement and Membership section headed up by Guy Lister, and we’re always looking for more members, so if you would like to join our working group then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to become involved.
We are pleased to report that the number of City Fans United members is increasing by the day, and now stands at just over 1300 active members.
We have had around 300 renewing or joining us for the first time since we last went out with an update on June 6th, and it’s great to see the numbers jumping up significantly.
Whilst we are delighted at the active members total, we are also appealing to just under 500 people who saw their membership expire on May 31st 2018, and if all of those renew then we’ll be well on the way to achieving our initial target of 2000 members again.
The process of renewing is very simple, just click the link below and you can log into your profile and renew from there, or you can sign up for the first time if you’ve not done so before on our members section page below.
It’s only £12 for annual membership to CFU and with exciting developments happening both on and off the pitch at present, now is the time to join us for what we are sure will be an exciting year.
We would also like to remind everyone that if you wish to stand for election at the September AGM then you will need to be a full paid member by midnight, Monday 18th June!
Have you followed us on Twitter yet? No? Well please do, by following @cityfansunited where you can keep up to date with all the latest developments and breaking news from the owners of Chester FC!